As a multi-disciplinary group, our aim is to advance research, theory, education and practice on health literacy, drawing attention to its personal, social and economic and policy implications.
- Develop a membership mix, including, but not limited to, researchers, practitioners, educators, students and service users from a wide variety ofbackgrounds including medicine, emergency services, health and social care services, local authorities, the voluntary sector, policy arenas, the social and behavioural sciences and education.
- Share current health literacy research, theory, education and practice via:
- A regular seminar programme and biennial UK conference.
- Digital media e.g. Twitter, website etc.
- Influence health literacy policy by gaining membership on key local, national and international committees.
- “Future proof” the Health Literacy Group UK by continuing to explore options around how we are structured and how we are funded.
- This mission statement will be reviewed annually.
- This mission statement is reflected in the Terms of Reference (Steering Group) document.